User Conduct Policy
- While using this network please do not break German law, and please follow the law in your own country. Users who fail to do this may be banned from the network, and relevant authorities may be contacted
- Do not spam or flood channels or users. If you do this in your own channel or with the permission of the channel owner, we may let it pass without intervention, so long as it does not result in service disruption
- Do not post inappropriate external links. These include:
- Links spammed with the purpose of advertising a service or product
- Links to sites which load viruses or malware onto users' systems
- Links to illegal files or torrents, free versions of applications and programs which require paid licenses to use, or other illegal downloads or files
- Do not harass other users
- Do not evade channel or network wide bans placed against you
- Do not create a large number of clone connections to the network unless you have a permission from the network staff
Please note that this list is by no means an exhaustive list of everything that is unacceptable to do on JDQIRC - it is some general guidance for users. Please use common sense when chatting - if you're not sure if you're allowed to do something, check with a staffer first. Staff reserve the right to enforce these rules only as and when they deem necessary. Staff reserve operative discretion of the network, and are able to exercise their power as they see fit. If you feel a staffer has abused their power, please contact us and we will deal with the matter accordingly.
Staff members are defined as people having the NetAdmin or GlobOp status shown in their /WHOIS. Currently the staff team is composed of kromonos, MisterL, null, v2px.
Staff Conduct Policy
Staff are expected to maintain a high level of personal conduct on IRC. They represent the network management, and as such should be professional and helpful when dealing with network issues or assisting users. However, we're a close-knit community where most people know each other, when we're not being all professional, we're rather friendly and easy-going.
In the interest of protecting the privacy of our users, we automatically scramble the IP address of all users on the network, by setting the usermode +x. Remove this usermode if you do not want your IP address to be hidden.
Cloaks are also available upon request and at the discretion of staff. Typically we're happy to offer virtual hosts to any user upon request, though we do not accept hosts containing discriminatory, racist or otherwise inappropriate language.